I’m a Marrakech-based writer, podcaster, and travel and public relations consultant. With formal training in public relations and event management from Algonquin College in Ottawa, Canada, I’ve worked in the tourism sector in Morocco in various capacities since 2011.
- Providing concierge services on leading events including organizing all ground transport, guest accommodation, responding to concierge requests and recommendation for up to 300 people as part of events that often spanned four days;
- Creating Tasting Marrakech food and cultural tours and welcoming fascinating guests from around the world for a dinner with friends concept (and seeing my name in print in Vogue, Conde Nast, Wall Street Journal, and GQ). I love to develop tours for groups of all sizes and interests based on the brief provided. We’ve welcomed a group of architects from a leading magazine, bridal parties and incentive groups, and smaller groups and couples who just simply want to explore Marrakech with an insider;
- Leading the international press relations for the Marrakech Biennale in 2016 and securing press coverage in top-tier publications including BBC, CNN, Modern Painter, ABC, Harper’s Bazaar Art;
- Covering the opening of the Yves Saint Laurent museum opening in Marrakech for Brownbook;
- Working with the inspiring owner of a yoga retreat centre near Taghazout in the lead up to the launch to garner top-tier press hits, and managing the online presence for small- to medium-sized companies in Marrakech to help them see results to their bottom line and;
- Interviewing artist Christo for my Why Morocco podcast, conversations with the inspiring and creative personalities met while living in Morocco. I record each episode with the hopes of leaving listeners inspired and motivated and perhaps left with a desire to visit the place we call home.
If you would like to discuss content creation for your brand, press office management, growing your Moroccan-based brand, Why Morocco advertising opportunities, podcast interview ideas or other ideas I haven’t even thought of, please send me an email using the form below.